Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Prize Winning Chili & Salsa

Our Thanksgiving has already started. We were able to go to a Thanksgiving meal with friends from my grad program. I love getting together with them because we have things in common. I can talk about my research and the don't mind listening. They have felt what I have felt with school. It is sooo fun.

The next day, after our ward temple trip, we had a Chili Cook-Off. Kendall had been preparing to make a trial chili, but never got around to it. He still made chili for the ward activity on the fly. He made his chicken taco meat in the crock pot and then put all the other ingredients (chilies, beans, onion, cilantro, and spices) after sauteing them. It smelled awesome. At the ward activity he won the Most Original Chili award!!!! This was really fun because he loves to cook and it makes him happy that people like his food. I was happy for him!

THEN, the next night he made green salsa with our home grown veggies. We took it over to eat with our good friends. Then he received the greatest compliment possible. A Mexican said his salsa tastes just as good as his moms!

Kendall really is a great cook. He loves experimenting with flavors. I'm not the best person to be testing things on because I'm so picky. However, he does make things that I love. I wish we both had more time to work more with food. I hope I can eventually be a better cook. We love food.

Also, I didn't procrastinate my thesis this week. I feel happy.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Those BOTH sound SO yummy. I'm a sucker for Mexican and chili. If he every needs additional taste testers, I KNOW Braden and I would be more than willing to assist. :)

Larry & AnnMarie said...

that's awesome...good job on working on your thesis, you can do it! haha also I want to see your hair!