When I started teaching last semester I found this video on lds.org. I think I posted it on my blog before, but as I have been reflecting on my life and the lives of others that I talk to I thought this would be appropriate again.
I love the part where they talk about how we don't realize "your future can be brighter than your past". I think we often look back and want all the things we had when we were younger (more dependent). Home was not perfect by any means, but as a child you never had to worry about money, school, work, food, etc. Your loving parents always provided a way for you to live and do almost anything you want. We had nice homes, good food, cars, etc. Now as we have to move on to bigger and better things (we call this eternal progression in the church) it gets hard. However, the Lord does not want us to look back. He wants us to move forward with faith.
I know a lot of people in my situation and who are further along or bringing up the rear. I also know a lot of people who look back and wish their lives were how they used to be. They dwell on the things of the past and they are missing the moments that are right in front of them. I hope the Gospel of Jesus Christ and our Savior's Atonement can provide peace and comfort to those people. Those moments that we sometimes dread are making up our eternity.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment