Monday, June 21, 2010

Its That Time of Year Again

This weekend was pretty eventful. We were able to hike up Rock Canyon on Friday. We went further than I have ever gone before. It was pretty fun, but I was sore for a few days. 


This is a picture of us in front of a cave we went to explore. It wasn't as big as we thought, however, it was big enough that we needed flashlights to see where we were going. I was so scared because I had to bend down to walk through and it was so much colder than the outside. Don't mind me looking like a boy with a long pony tail. I can't help it. Hehe. 


On Saturday Kendall was able to do the honors of planting his plants in Grandma's garden. Hopefully they are soaking up the beautiful sun we've been having here in Utah. We were also able to help Kendall's Uncle move and get more exercise for the week. 



On Sunday Kendall gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting about Fatherhood. He did a great job. I was able to teach my first Gospel Doctrine lesson about friendship. I'm still not sure why it is so hard for people to speak up and answer questions in Sunday School. The women are so talkative in Relief Society. I am trying to ask questions that people want to talk about, but they still just stair at the ground throughout the lesson. I'll try again the next time I teach. Hopefully I will get better and better (or at least more interesting.) 

Today we are back to studying and trying to be productive. I am looking for some good recipes we can try. If anyone has any good cooking blogs that they follow/read please send me that way. I am hoping to have something new to eat this week. 

Still to Come: Riley's Court of Honor (if I get pictures) 

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm sure you're a great teacher Halie! And one of my favorite cooking blogs is melskitchencafe.blogspot.com. It has yummy recipes and they're pretty easy.

Kira said...

Hey Halie, Just found your blog it's good to hear about whats going on in your life!! My favorite cooking blog is crockpot365.blogspot.com--with kids I love crockpot cooking but they're really yummy too!

Jenny said...

ok I'm retarded...that blog is melskitchencafe.com. my bad!