Ok, so this past couple of weeks I have been suffering from severe cabin fever. YES, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THE COLD, and I just want to be able to go do things outside again. I try and do what I can (run over 4 miles on our treadmill everyday that I have time), but it still doesn't seem to alleviate my severe case of cabin fever. On Friday I went out and bought my very first pair of hiking boots, only to come home and realize that in no way did it help my situation...I still can't use them to go hiking for another 2-3 months. OH WELL.
So, Saturday night we tried to do something fun.....we went to nicklecade. It kept us entertained for a little while.
Here is Halie while James and Joanna were playing DANCE MANIAX...
And here is Halie and Joanna playing... (sorry its blurry, we were trying to show the quickness of the game).
Then, we were ripped off by a 70 year old woman who just told us to take friendship braceletes, to which we did, thinking she was giving them to us for free, but in all reality she was just tired of us trying to decide what to do with our leftover 40 tickets. Sorry Halie, I know you really wanted the dum-dums. After that we returned home and somehow decided that we all wanted to play MONOPOLY...
After a few hours we all realized the true harshness of the game, or maybe it was the fact that it was like 2 AM. The first few rounds of the gameboard makes it really seem like a family game. Yet, after deals are made, debt incurrs and the harsh reality of a boardgame similar to life is truely shown, I think I have come to the conclusion that if you really do follow all the rules when playing Monopoly it really isn't a family game. Maybe thats why Monopolies are outlawed in the good ol' US of A. They really just rub you the wrong way. BUT, when it comes down to it, its all just a game, people really should get to bed before 2 AM, and a severe case of cabin fever won't go away until spring comes.

1 comment:
I agree. Watch out for that game! I think we should be banned from board games for a while. Nicklecade was fun though. And at least you got your firecrackers!
Post a Comment