Granted it is only Tuesday.
This morning I arose with gratitude that Kendall was going to work later than normal so he could take me to school (and I could avoid the walk). I rolled out of bed, shivered while pealing off my PJ's, slid into my stale jeans, brushed my sparkly whites, and briskly headed out the door. Until of course I reached the threshold to the outside world and I shriveled up like a prune.
As I made my way to the car I closed my eyes and turned my head away from the mountains as the news informed me they were to betray me this morning.
As we drove to school I thought, I should have taken another jacket. However, as we arose I saw the greatest joy known to a night owl (non-morning person). The white pole standing vertical in the air, perpendicular to the ground. Oh was I rewarded for coming to school early! The access gate to the south part of campus was open. You cannot imagine the anticipation I had as we approached the open gate.
As we pulled up to the building I laid one on my dashing husband, jumped out of the car, and skipped 10 feet into the warm safe haven. [Don't think for an instant that this building is normally called a safe haven.] As I hauled myself up the stairs I thought that this has been the best morning I've had this week! Then I realized it was only Tuesday, and that I must have thought that because Monday morning was wretched.
Flashback: I woke up to my beeping alarm, scraped my eyes clean of a good nights rest, opened them up to the dark dark world. It is a cruel thing to wake up to your alarm only a few hours after you fall asleep, only to find that the outside is in the same state as when you went to sleep. Monday morning was full of cruel jokes that the world decided to play on Halie.
Maybe that is what makes today so great. Now, to get back on track.
I began to engross myself in academia, where I left off last night. Thinking, writing, doubting, thinking, writing. Finally some progress.
To reward myself, I swiped the magic card on the big fat holding box and out came my favorite morning drink that others consider a dessert. In order to avoid the stairs later in the day I swiped the magic card again, and grabbed a crunchy snack for brunch. As the metal turned and turned I thought my snack would not float down the glass window with a graceful plop.
As I was ready to plunge my body with all my force against the fat box, the metal turned again. In an instant, two gray bags began to float beautifully towards the heavy trap door. It was an early morning miracle!
I wonder what the rest of the day will hold in store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love the way your write. I was thoroughly entertained throughout this entire post. :) I'm glad you had a great morning....I have the same attitude towards cold weather and the morning. I know where you're comin' from!
Oh Halie! How I love you two. What a cute post. I HATE the cold in the morning as well. I LOVE the cold, just not in the morning. But I probably shouldn't complain, it's not nearly as cold here in St. George. Glad you had a great Tuesday! =)
Post a Comment