Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What do you think?

The question of the day is... What do you think when you see ELM on the side of the truck?

Electromagnetic Liquid Measurement
Electric Lighting Manufacturers  
Event Location Management 
Elaboration Likelihood Model  

I didn't get a good enough look at the truck to know exactly what it was for. However, I relate everything to Communications Theory. I even taught one of the principles to my study skills class today. It is great that I am applying things to "real life" but I don't think this actually counts for using what I've learned. Its depressing to some degree, but I'll take what I can get from my $12,000 graduate education. 

2 comments:

Mauri said...

I meant to say "standing in line." :)

Mauri said...

We've all been ruined for life. As I was standing in line for the game yesterday, I explained to my brother that we were the perfect examples of cognitive dissonance: standing in life 4 hours before a game starts after we stood in line to get wristbands the day before.