General Conference weekend was so beautiful. On Friday night Kendall and I spent time on grandpa's porch and playing catch in his backyard. The weather was beautiful. We sat outside until it was dark and chilly. Saturday morning we watched conference at our apartment. During half time we made sandwiches and Kendall made a potato salad and pasta salad. We ate lunch on grandpas back porch in 70 degree weather. We chatted with Uncle Todd, Tia (& her dad), Grandpa, and sat on the gliding chair together. It was gorgeous outside. It was such a wonderful time to sit outside and enjoy good company. We continued the same pattern throughout the evening. Natalie and Ben came over to grandpa's to make/eat dinner with us. I just felt so great. Being around family was so special this conference for some reason. [I think it is the fact that it will be a while before it happens again.] On Sunday we woke up to this:
So beautiful. It was even more beautiful because it was Conference Sunday and we didn't have to go outside. I just enjoyed the beauty of the earth from the warm comfort of my home. Conference was a great experience and I will hold tight to the many messages of faith and peace that we all need in our life. Sunday night we also had dinner with grandpa. Kendall and I made a Strawberry Salad (from Kendall's mom's recipe box) that makes everyone happy. It has a million beautiful ingredients.
Monday (or some other time this week) I started HP6. Pretty exciting.


2 comments:
So fun. Wish I could spend time with family over the weekend! HP6 is my favorite of all the books enjoy!!
What a great post! I love reading about your time with family. I wish I could have been there with you guys. On Sunday, when they panned through the outside of the Conference Center, I saw how gorgeous the snow was. I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment