Last night we went to SLC to support my cousin who was performing at the Capitol Theater for Dixie State College. It was so nice to get out of Provo even with the freezing temps. I tried to take pictures, but nothing really turned out. I guess it doesn't matter because I can't find my camera cord to upload the pictures anyway. [Please still read my blog. I know the lack of pictures makes it hard.]
Tonight I am teaching an Easy Cooking Lesson for Relief Society. It is a recipe that my grandma found in a newspaper. [My grandpa told me that the other day.] Skillet Dinner is one of my most favorite meals and Kendall likes it too. The best part about it is that it takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. LOVE IT!
Side Note: "Facebook Me" is a horrible phrase. What if I were to say "blog me"? What does that even mean? For real, can't you just be real friends and call or see each other? I do see the joy of communication with people far away, posting about your family, or getting gossip updates without confronting anyone. However, if you live in the same city, go to the same school, and sometimes even have the same classes, shouldn't you just call each other?
Finally, a friend of mine posted these two quotes from her stake conference. I thought they were inspiring, so please read them.
"Life is for us, and it for us to receive it today, and not wait for the Millennium. Let us take a course to be saved today, and, when evening comes, review the acts of the day, repent of our sins, if we have any to repent of, and say our prayers; then we can lie down and sleep in peace until the morning, arise with gratitude to God, commence the labors of another day, and strive to live the whole day to God and nobody else" (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses 8:124-25).
The other was a quote about answering the questions the Lord asks in the scriptures:
"By opening my heart to the Lord’s questions of me, I have discovered that I am in a better position to ask and receive answers to my questions of Him" (John S. Tanner, "Responding to the Lord’s Questions", Ensign, Apr. 2002, 26).
[I suppose I could have made four posts out of these topics, but I always forget them if I wait. Here is a courtesy video for those who read the post. It can change your life. Click here for more information.]
P. S. Another Video Post Tomorrow

1 comment:
Thank you so much for coming to my concert, Halie! I feel blessed to have you guys in my life, supporting me in my art. I'm glad you enjoyed getting away for the night. I hope your cooking class goes well. AND, I hope you enjoy your financial class tomorrow night. =)
Post a Comment