Monday, August 22, 2011

Astros

On Saturday night we went to the Houston Astros baseball game at Minute Maid Park. The optometry students were free and we paid a little extra for me to go. The park is downtown but the traffic was minimal (almost couldn't call it traffic). I was surprised because I planned for a long night of driving. The ballpark was beautiful, covered, air conditioned (but still warm), had expensive food, a huge big screen, etc. It was very nice to get out and do something. We will probably go to another game sometime. Here are just a few pictures. 







Maybe sometime I'll attempt to edit these photos a bit. Since today is the first day of school and I haven't started work I might try it.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

WoW! An air-conditioned ball park... that's pretty cool. (Pun intended) It sounds so fun. I'm glad you are getting out and doing things. =)

Holly said...

That does look like fun. Wow! to the amazing windows of the ball park and those extra large baseballs are pretty cool too. Thanks for the pics.

Chris & Kimber said...

we love going to astro games. it so much fun. chris' dad paid less than $10 and they were right down on the field last time they went. it looks like you guys are having fun. miss ya!!!

.Chrissy said...

That looks like so much fun! I love that the stands are covered!