Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Food/New Recipes

I've been trying to make real/new food since we had some time on our hands this past month. I don't know if I will always post pictures, but I'm excited that these turned out.
I made these little lasagna gems I found on Pinterest from my sister-in-law. They are pretty cute! They worked out fairly well too. Everyone ate them so I suppose they were good. I thought the sauce needed some more spice. I might make some adjustments next time. 





 Next I made homemade ice cream in my new kitchen aid. The ice cream maker was the rebate and it works pretty well. I need to get some new recipes for ice cream but it was fun. I think it is much better the next day when it is hard instead of soft serve. My parent's recipe I like soft serve.


The same day I used the kitchen aid to make pizza dough. I usually do it by hand and it is so great to just let it sit in the machine. The dough rose amazingly and it tasted great. Also, because the dough was so easy to make and it rose well, I decided to try the pizza stone we got for our wedding. The pizza looked gourmet and it was just pepperoni and olive.  I'm going to try some new pizza toppings in the weeks to come.


3 comments:

Holly said...

Beautiful!! It all looks so great and yummy. I am so happy to hear of your success!

Heidi said...

I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! All of it looks incredibly delicious! If you've never visited Our Best Bites, they've got some great recipes you might like to check out.

ourbestbites2.blogspot.com

.Chrissy said...

That looks AMAZING! You are such a creative little cook! I love it!